MYOFASCIAL TRIGGER POINT THERAPY THE HEAD and JAW (a Myo Seminar Series Module)14 Contact Hours
May 30-31, 9 am - 5 pm in Chicago, Illinois
We invite you to acquire the fastest, most effective pain relief techniques through hands-on training with two dynamic pioneers in the field:
Sharon Sauer, CMTPT, LMT
Mary Biancalana, CMPTP, LMT, MS, CPT
Join us at Pacific College of Oriental Medicine. Near Broadway and Addison above the Walgreens. (see our website for a map and parking information)
After completing this workshop, you will be able to:
. Identify conditions of the head and jaw that are commonly misdiagnosed when myofascial dysfunction is not considered
. Identify and correct common factors that perpetuate trigger points in the head including the head forward position and jaw clenching
. Identify which muscles, if dysfunctional, can cause: a) Different types of head pain including back of head, top of head, temples, ear pain, face/forehead/sinus pain and tooth pain, b) Different types of headaches including migraine, tension, sinus and cluster, c) Different types of jaw pain and dysfunction including misaligned bite, jaw popping, jaw noises, small mouth opening, locked jaw, tooth grinding and jaw clenching, d) Different types of eye pain and dysfunction including eye blurring, limited eye movement and difficulty focusing, e) Different types of ear pain and dysfunction including ear ringing (tinnitus), ear infections and nausea with headaches
• Demonstrate techniques for deactivating trigger points on yourself or another person for all muscles that refer pain to the head, including hands on techniques as well as non manual techniques including ultrasound and ML830 low level laser
• Demonstrate the use of Gebauer's ice cold spray (vapocoolant) to restore full pain free stretch range of motion to muscles that can cause headaches, jaw pain and dysfunction
• Learn to perform MYO self-care protocols and teach them to your clients and patients
• Implement special headache relief program
• Demonstrate how to objectively measure improvements in head pain levels and range of motion using a pressure algometer and goniometer
Other Myo Seminar Series modules include:
• Principles of Myofascial Trigger Point Therapy (FREE!!!): 4 hrs. This prerequisite for all other modules.
• Shoulder, Upper Back and Upper Arm: 14 hrs.
• Elbow, Forearm and Hand: 14 hrs.
• Chest, Abdomen and Middle Back: 14 hrs.
• Lower Back: 14 hrs.
• Buttocks and Hip: 14 hrs.
• Thigh and Knee: 14 hrs.
• Calf and Ankle 14 hrs.
• Foot: 14 hrs.
• Fibromyalgia and Complex Myofascial Pain Syndromes 7 hrs.
• Acute and Sports Injuries: 7 hrs.
• The Business of Myofascial Trigger Point Therapy: 7 hrs.
• Neck: 14 hrs.
« View All News Stories by List